Dr Geeta Garg
MBBS, M.D ( Skin & VD) , FIMSA
(Fellow International medical sciences academy Dermatologist & Cosmetologist)
- Ex Consultant GMCH 32, Chandigarh
- Ex Resident, GMCH-32, Chandigarh
- Ex Registrar, IGMC, Shimla
Dr Geeta Garg is a board certified skin specialist, with experience of more than 15 years in field of dermatology and cosmetology, in Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32, Chandigarh.
After completing her MD degree in (Skin & V.D) in 2001, she started her career as
- Registrar in Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla for a period of 9 months
- Joined as Senior resident -Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32, Chandigarh – 3 years
- Research associate – Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32, Chandiagrh – 2 years
- Assistant Professor (Consultant ) Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32, Chandigarh – 8 years
- Associate Professor – Gian Sagar Medical College – 2 years
- Private practice – 4 years
Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32, Chandigarh is North India’s best medical college and tertiary care center catering to not only tri-city (Chandigarh, Mohali & Panchkula) but northern northern population of Uttar Pradesh,Himachal Pradesh,Delhi,Jammu Kashmir etc.
Dr. Geeta Garg had been attending daily skin OPD of 150-200 patients in her tenure as consultantin GMCH-32, CHD. Besides this, she has gained vast experience of treating OPD/IPD patients/ various skin emergencies and as faculty for MBBS and DNB students.
She took an initiative in starting Cosmetology clinic in 2011 (First of its type in govt. set up) doing all cosmetology procedures like Botox, Fillers, Skin tightening procedures, Mole excision, skin Grafting, Lasers for hair reduction etc.
She published more than 40 research publications in various esteemed national and international specialty journals.
She contributed 3 chapters in specialty books as well as hosted Derma CME in 2009 in GMCH-32, Chandigarh as organizing secretary.
Contributed 3 chapters in specialty books
She presented more than 20 papers in various national conferences.
She was selected for observership at Vasa hair academy,Ahmedabad, to gain experience of hair transplant surgeries by renown international hair transplant surgeons.
Memberships of various societies
- Indian association of Dermatologist, Venereologist & Leprologist
- Indian Society of Pediatric Dermatology
- Association of Cutaneous Surgeons
- Association of Cosmetic Surgeons of India